For the Media
Shel Horowitz Interviewed by Introducing WRITERS! with Kim Smith
Sample Interview Questions:
1. In your book, Grassroots Marketing for Authors and Publishers, you talk about creating a marketable book. What ways work best for doing that?
2. In your book, you mention many things related to an author/publisher's online presence. How vital is that presence?
3. What are the most important parts of that presence?
4. I don't hear you saying much about bookstores.
5. How important is advanced marketing? How well has that worked for you and your efforts?
6. You are involved in several online discussion groups. Have you found that has been helpful both for selling your books and your services? What can you recommend to readers?
7. The idea of marketing partnerships is foreign to a lot of writers. What's a marketing partnership, and how can authors benefit?
8. Does media publicity still sell books? And how do you get it?
9. In addition to writing books, you do many other things. Care to share some of those with my readers?
10. How can people get your book?
Selected Speeches on Book Marketing
- Book Expo America (2007, 2009)
- Publishers Marketing University (numerous appearances)
- National Writers Union Write Angles Conference (numerous appearances)
- Independent Publishers of New England (numerous appearances)
- Connecticut Authors and Publishers Association (several appearances)
- St. Louis Publishers Association (2005)
- Greater New York Independent Publishers Association (2003)
- Infinity Publishing Annual Conference, Valley Forge, PA (2002)
- Grassroots Marketing for Authors and Publishers (AWM Books, 2007), as well as four other marketing books.
- Articles in Foreword Magazine, Independent Publisher Magazine, PMA Independent, SPAN Newsletter, SPAWN Newsletter, Brian Jud's Book Marketing Matters, etc.
- Quoted/interviewed as a book-industry source in Book Marketing Update, Writer's Digest, Publisher's Weekly, Ragan Strategic Media, BookHitch, Book Marketing Newsletter, The Blog Squad, numerous others.
- Listed as an expert in books/websites by Dan Poynter, John Kremer, Fern Reiss, Tom & Marilyn Ross, etc.
Shel's Other Pressrooms:
How to Contact Shel
- By Mail: Accurate Writing & More, 16 Barstow Lane, Hadley, MA 01035 USA
- By Telephone: 413.586.2388 or 800.683.WORD
- By e-mail: Please use the form below